Making a Positive Social Impact
CleanCut Technologies is committed to social sustainability be contributing to the health, safety and wellness of our employees and the community in which we live and work.
- We maintain an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP) which includes a comprehensive Emergency Action Plan (EAP). This program establishes procedures for safely and effectively managing an emergency event. All employees and managers are expected to ensure that employees and visitors are protected from any further harm during a fire and other emergency situations.
This plan includes emergency escape procedures and emergency escape route assignments, procedures to account for employees after emergency evacuation has been completed, rescue and medical duties for those employees who are to perform them; the preferred means of reporting fires and other emergencies; and an individual who can be contacted for further information about the plan.
The IIPP directs the appointment of a Safety Committee. These committee members, comprised of a representative from each department, are trained and made aware of their duties so that they can assist in the safe and orderly emergency evacuation of employees and visitors. The Safety Committee meets monthly to discuss the Safety Inspection Checklist required from each member for their specific area of responsibility and/or any other safety related concerns. These safety related concerns are then investigated and acted upon by management. Actions could include modification to tools, processes, or training to ensure a safe workplace.
Additionally, all employees are encouraged to practice safety at work through a workplace safety program. This program is a positive reinforcement to reporting of accidents and recognizing and correcting hazards. The combination of the implementation of the Safety Committee and the Safety Program has resulted in 4 straight years of no reportable accidents.
- Our most valuable asset and the cornerstone of the company’s success is our team of employees. Keeping our employees and their families healthy is not only important but crucial to the company’s success.
We offer a variety of resources that employees are encouraged to take advantage of to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle including;
- Medical and dental insurance program
- Mental health services
- “Healthy Living & Healthy You” worksite wellness initiatives
Professional Development & Training
- We are committed to providing the highest level of quality product, service and innovative designs to our customers. Inspired employees are motivated employees – so employees are encouraged to learn new skills or refine their existing skills through professional or personal development and training. In order to do this, a variety of training for new and existing employees are offered through classroom based programs, online programs and consulting services.
- In order for new employees to succeed, the company has implemented a comprehensive “Buddy/Mentor” program in which each new employee is assigned a buddy or mentor to guide and train them for the first 6 months of employment. Mentors are assigned to all new employees as well. It is the responsibility of the mentor to guide, train and counsel their employee for the duration of their time at CleanCut Technologies as needed.
- We sponsor employees’ individual memberships in industry organizations, and support any employees wishing to take job-related training seminars, webinars, or workshops.
- We recognize that diverse perspectives and experiences add value to our business and customers. Creating an inclusive environment allows the diversity of personnel to engage and thrive, and creates an attractive workplace. Contributions by all employees, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or background are welcomed and valued. We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce, and hire and promote employees based on their talent and their contributions to the success of the business.
- We comply with all Equal Employment Opportunity laws and have a comprehensive system in place to investigate and address all complaints regarding workplace discrimination.
- We feel we have a responsibility to give back to the community and encourage and support employees to volunteer their time and effort. In that spirit, CleanCut Technologies has partnered with the several organizations in and around Orange County. We have partnered with the Orange County Rescue Mission – the county’s most comprehensive private homeless services provider, the Orangewood Foundation – leading providers of services to current and former foster youth, and the American Red Cross.
Some of our volunteer activities include:
- Quarterly “Used Clothing Drive” where employees donate gently used clothing to homeless men, women and children in Orange County
- Employees have stuffed 100 teddy bears for children currently living at the O.C. Rescue Mission
- Assembled toiletry kits for Orangewood Foundation’s youth that has been “aged-out” of the foster care system.
- Participate in holiday food drives
- Hold Annual Blood Drives for employees to donate blood to the Red Cross